Abortion Pill Trenton Missouri
If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy and considering at-home abortion in Missouri, you may be looking for more information on buying abortion pills online or self-induced abortion methods. We provide a free consultation before you take the abortion pill in Trenton, Missouri. Make sure you understand what it entails, side effects, possible risks and alternatives.
Life Options cares about your health and safety. We are here only to serve you and do not profit from any choice that you make. Please note that some abortion service organizations do benefit financially from your decision. We encourage you to educate yourself on any organizations where you choose services. Life Options Green Hills does not provide or refer for abortion or birth control, but our consultants can provide a confidential and safe place to help you think through your options and offer practical support. This will help ensure that you are educated with medically accurate information. Your health and safety matter to us.
ABORTION PILL INFORMATION
MEDICAL ABORTION (ABORTION PILL)
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant). The pill (two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol) is taken in two doses, one typically at a doctor’s office and the other at home.1
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy Mifeprex, or the generic version (mifepristone) on the Internet because it by-passes safeguards.2,3
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:4
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- If there is a concern that the pregnancy is outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy and can be life-threatening. Learn about the risk factors and signs of an ectopic pregnancy.5
- If your pregnancy is past 10 weeks. The FDA has only approved the abortion pill for up to 10 weeks from the LMP. Taking the abortion pill later in pregnancy is associated with increased risk of complications, such as an incomplete abortion or severe bleeding.6
- If you have certain medical problems including: bleeding disorders, severe liver or kidney disease, known cardiac disease, or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- If you take certain medications including blood thinners or steroids.
- If you are allergic to the medicines used.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound, which is needed to consider all options. Text (660) 358-1378 or request an appointment online.
The abortion pill can be reversed if action is taken after the first dose. More information available at abortionpillreversal.com.
BEFORE TAKING THE ABORTION PILL IN MISSOURI
Prior to taking abortion pills, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and it is vital that you see a medical provider who can prevent or diagnose complications.7 Call (660) 358-1378 for more information.
DO AN ULTRASOUND EXAM TO DATE PREGNANCY
Knowing your menstrual cycle dates can help, but having an ultrasound is the most certain way to get exact dates for your pregnancy.8
FIND OUT IF YOUR PREGNANCY IS VIABLE
Among pregnancies that are identified, about 15% end naturally in miscarriage.9 Natural miscarriages are frequently completed without the need for medical intervention. Find out for sure before going through a costly procedure. Get an ultrasound exam.
CAN YOU TAKE THE ABORTION PILL?
Before taking the abortion pill, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well. We can help you learn more about your pregnancy and the abortion pill. If you can’t have a medical abortion, we can answer your questions about other options you might be considering, such as a surgical abortion.
Request an appointment to find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options. We provide free pregnancy services and abortion pill information in Trenton, Missouri.
- MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
- Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
- Physician’s Desk Reference. (2022). Korlym (mifepristone) Contraindications dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Korlym-mifepristone-2928#11
- Physician’s Desk Reference Guide. (2022). Cytotec (misoprostol) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Cytotec-misoprostol-1044.430#11
- Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
- Mentula MJ, Niinimäki M, Suhonen S, Hemminki E, Gissler M, Heikinheimo O. Immediate adverse events after second trimester medical termination of pregnancy: results of a nationwide registry study. Hum Reprod. 2011 Apr;26(4):927-32. doi: 10.1093/humrep/der016. Epub 2011 Feb 11. PMID: 21317416.
- 2. U.S. Food & Drug Administration. (2016, March 30). Mifeprex (mifepristone) Information. Retrieved April 18, 2019, from http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm111323.htm.
- Mayo Clinic. (2020, November 6). Fetal ultrasound. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/fetal-ultrasound/about/pac-20394149
- Dugas C, Slane VH. Miscarriage. [Updated 2022 Jun 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532992/
CONSULTATION – NO INSURANCE NEEDED
All of our services are 100% free and confidential. Life Options Green Hills is a non-profit organization that is free for everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. We exist to provide accurate medical information and support to women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy.
The content on this page has been reviewed and approved by our Medical Director.