Abortion Information Trenton Missouri
Life Options Green Hills offers free pregnancy services and abortion information in Trenton, Missouri. If you’re considering taking abortion pills, at home methods or getting an in-clinic abortion, we provide information on what to do before an abortion in Missouri. Because abortion is restricted in our state, we recommend you KNOW BEFORE YOU GO.
Life Options cares about your health and safety. We are here only to serve you and do not profit from any choice that you make. Please note that some abortion service organizations do benefit financially from your decision. We encourage you to educate yourself on any organizations where you choose services. Life Options Green Hills does not provide or refer for abortion or birth control, but our consultants can provide a confidential and safe place to help you think through your options and offer practical support. This will help ensure that you are educated with medically accurate information. Your health and safety matter to us.
ABORTION PROCEDURE INFORMATION
MEDICAL ABORTION (ABORTION PILL)
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy abortion pills on the Internet because it by-passes safeguards.2,3
There are several types of surgical abortions. Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed during the first 6 to 14 weeks gestational stage. Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) is another type of procedure typically done in later weeks. Both types have risks and side-effects and greatly vary depending on your gestation and health.4
WHAT TO DO BEFORE ABORTION IN MISSOURI
1. LEARN MORE ABOUT MISSOURI ABORTION LAWS
If you live in Missouri you’re probably unsure what to do with the new abortion restrictions. We can answer any questions you have. Call (660) 358-1378 for more information.
2. GET A FREE ULTRASOUND IN TRENTON, MISSOURI
If your pregnancy test is positive, our center provides limited obstetric ultrasounds free of charge and we never ask for your insurance.
*restrictions may apply
An ultrasound will help you learn more about your pregnancy and your options.
DO AN ULTRASOUND EXAM TO DATE PREGNANCY
Knowing your menstrual cycle dates can help, but having an ultrasound is the most certain way to get exact dates for your pregnancy.5
FIND OUT IF YOUR PREGNANCY IS VIABLE
Among pregnancies that are identified, about 15% end naturally in miscarriage.6 Natural miscarriages are frequently completed without the need for medical intervention. Find out for sure before going through a costly procedure. Get an ultrasound exam.
CAN YOU TAKE THE ABORTION PILL?
Before taking the abortion pill, you will need to know exactly how far along you are and a few other things as well. We can help you learn more about your pregnancy and the abortion pill.
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:7
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- If there is a concern that the pregnancy is outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy and can be life-threatening. Learn about the risk factors and signs of an ectopic pregnancy.8
- If your pregnancy is past 10 weeks. The FDA has only approved the abortion pill for up to 10 weeks from the LMP. Taking the abortion pill later in pregnancy is associated with increased risk of complications, such as an incomplete abortion or severe bleeding.9
- If you have certain medical problems including: bleeding disorders, severe liver or kidney disease, known cardiac disease, or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- If you take certain medications including blood thinners or steroids.
- If you are allergic to the medicines used.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. If you can’t have a medical abortion, we can answer your questions about other options you might be considering, such as a surgical abortion.
Request an appointment to find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound, which is needed to consider all options. We provide free pregnancy services and abortion information in Trenton, Missouri.
- MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/
- SURGICAL ABORTIONS
- Paul, M., Lichtenberg, E. S., Borgatta, L., Grimes, D. A., Stubblefield, P. G., & Creinin, M. D. (2009). First Trimester Aspiration Abortion. In Management of unintended and abnormal pregnancy: Comprehensive abortion care (pp. 135-156).
- Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell. Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. (2014). In-Clinic Abortion Procedures : Planned Parenthood. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. (2013). Practice Bulletin: Second-Trimester Abortion (135).
- Pasquini, L., et al. Intracardiac injection of potassium chloride as method for feticide: Experience from a single U.K. tertiary centre. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;115(4):528–31.
- Mayo Clinic. (2020, November 6). Fetal ultrasound. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/fetal-ultrasound/about/pac-20394149
- Dugas C, Slane VH. Miscarriage. [Updated 2022 Jun 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532992/
- Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
- Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
- Mentula MJ, Niinimäki M, Suhonen S, Hemminki E, Gissler M, Heikinheimo O. Immediate adverse events after second trimester medical termination of pregnancy: results of a nationwide registry study. Hum Reprod. 2011 Apr;26(4):927-32. doi: 10.1093/humrep/der016. Epub 2011 Feb 11. PMID: 21317416.
CONSULTATION – NO INSURANCE NEEDED
All of our services are 100% free and confidential. Life Options Green Hills is a non-profit organization that is free for everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. We exist to provide accurate medical information and support to women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy.
The content on this page has been reviewed and approved by our Medical Director.